Frequently asked questions
After the referred customers' Internet installation is done and our Quality Assurance team has passed testing, you will receive an SMS from FNB eWallet with a PIN code. You can withdraw your earned commission from any FNB ATM using the PIN code provided in the SMS sent to you.
Wireless Internet means that you receive your Internet connectivity through a wireless CPE (Customer Premises Equipment) on your roof. This CPE points to our nearest tower in order to connect to the Internet and various other services.
A clear line of sight is one of the most important requirements for a wireless Internet connection. This is the link between your CPE and the Network Tower.
Installation time is determined by the installer and will be in a set agreement between the installer and the client.
Customer Premises Equipment consist of a radio dish which is installed on the roof of the customer. A cable then feeds the Internet into the house. This cable then connects either to a router or a Wi-Fi device which in turn connects the device within the house to the Internet.
The customer has the option to purchase the CPE equipment. The equipment is then the property of the client and any damage to this equipment will be liable to the customer.
- Installation costs are based on the area as well as the network provider or the dealer who has been assigned to your specific installation.
- When you search for your area, you will be able to see a recommended price for that service area.
Installation costs vary from area to area and the type of equipment needed to do the installation. Jenny Internet has recommended standard installation costs but if stronger equipment is needed, due to distance or other obstacles, the correct installation price will be quoted first and signed off before any installation commences.
Instead of paying a large upfront payment for the equipment, Jenny offers affordable rental options to suit varying customer budgets. Jenny equipment rental is also subject to pre-Jenny approval protocols. If equipment replacement is required, it will be done at no extra cost to you
The equipment rental service value is calculated by subtracting labour from the total cost of the installation.
- Signing up for equipment rental grants you peace of mind knowing that your rental equipment will be replaced if:
- Equipment is affected by weather damage
- Equipment fails due to electronic failure
- Equipment becomes old or outdated
The website currently lists all of the covered areas which are active within the Jenny Wireless Network. You can simply search for your area in the search bar and see the available pricing for your area.
Speed Tests measure the speed between your device and a test server, using your device's Internet connection. This means that you might get one Speed Test result on one device and a different result on another, even when utilizing the same provider. Keep in mind that some devices may not be able to measure the full speed of your Internet service!
- Ensure that no one else is on the network at the same time.
- Switch off all computers on the network, and then perform a Speed Test from one computer.
- Your computer should be connected to the internal network via cable.
- Use the http://jennyInternet.speedtest.net server to perform the Speed Test. This server is sitting at the Jenny Core where we break out to the Internet. This will give a true indication of the speed through the Jenny towers and fibre connections to where the actual Internet begins.
- Jenny Internet cannot guarantee the bandwidth beyond the limits of the Jenny Internet infrastructure as these links are not managed by Jenny Internet.
Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines it as follows:
Static: showing little or no change, action, or progress
Public: exposed to general view / of, relating to, or affecting all or most of the people of a country, state, etc.
IP: Internet Protocol address - This tells us that it is an IP Address that does not change and is available to the General Internet.
- A static IP is used when customers have servers on their premises that need to be assessed from outside or they have a VPN that needs to connect 1 office to another. The static IP makes both their lives and ours a lot easier when it comes to managing their inbound traffic.
- This will also allow customers to have full range of TCP/IP ports that are available for their inbound traffic.
- We can also whitelist outbound email traffic to bypass our mail filter.
- With this product, all customer Internet activity will reflect their Public IP address, making them fully responsible for the reputation of this IP address. Should this IP address become blacklisted for whatever reason, it is solely due to the traffic coming from this customers network that has resulted in their assigned Public IP being blacklist.
- Jenny Internet will assist to de-list this IP, however. the customer will need to resolve the issue on the network that has caused the IP to be blacklisted before we can get the Public IP de-listed.
Unless you have subscribed to a Fixed Term contract, you may end the Service in 30 (thirty) days once written notice has been given to us. The notice will take effect on the first day of the month immediately following the end of the 30 (thirty) day notice period.
Invoices are generated from the date that services are activated and the internet that is used during the month. Pro rata charges are billed the following month with the monthly invoice. To understand more about our billing system, watch our new customer video here.
We offer two payment options via EFT or credit/debit card. If your account has been suspended due to non-payment you can watch our video to learn how to reactivate your account.
Deactivation is temporarily putting the account on hold but services with Jenny remain. This is only available with our month-to-month Wireless Home services. Cancellation is the termination of the services with Jenny Internet.
Credit is given for mid-month downgrades of packages but we encourage you to downgrade or upgrade at the end of the month.
Your local dealer can assist you with all installation and internal issues. Services provided by your local Jenny Dealer are charged by the dealer themselves.
You can request a call back by either filling in a web support request on our website or by calling our support line +258 85 134 2857 and selecting our call back option.
You have the option to purchase your equipment from the Jenny Dealer and that will become your property. If you choose to rent the equipment from us, the Jenny owned equipment will remain the property of Jenny Internet. Speak to your Jenny Dealer to understand the best solution for you.
Yes, your local Jenny Dealer can move the equipment to another location if required.
A typical Wi-Fi signal has a range of around 30 metres. The signal can be impacted by several factors such as the modem/router’s ability, walls, and/or other obstacles.
You can request an upgrade or downgrade at any point.
If the service is upgraded mid-month, the upgrade can be done the same day. You will be billed pro-rata for the extra value from the day the service was upgraded to month-end. You will receive the pro-rata bill with your next months' invoice.
All downgrades will only be processed at month-end so this will not affect your billing in any way.
Fibre via Wireless is our premium product. We provide dedicated synchronous speeds like fibre using wireless equipment.
You can log any support tickets directly on our website or call our call-centre support agents 7 days a week, on +258 85 134 2857
Setup is free. Jenny Internet is selling you a premium service and should anything break or need replacing we have that covered. The equipment for this service remains the property of Jenny Internet.
You can pre-configure all vouchers with regards to uptime, capacity, and/or speed limits.
You will need an additional Jenny router for the hotspot configuration.
Yes, you have the option to give free vouchers to customers. This can be set up using our online hotspot admin software. Free Vouchers will then appear on your hotspot landing page.